Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Week 2

Welcome!  Today is going to be a diffcult day because I have my grandfather's funeral to go to, but I am a person who handles death very well.  I'm not one to sit there and cry in the lose of my grandfather.  Instead I turn it into positive energy.  My grandfather was 85 Navy veteran who always had a "smart-ass" comment to say to everyone, and thats why I loved him so much.  When I went to visit him before he passed, he was still telling the nurse who was boss!  For instence, one of the recently hired nurses came into the room smiling from ear to ear and says "Hello Frank, how are you feeling today?"  My grandfather looked at her with confused look and responded saying " go back outside (the hallway where the name tag is) and read that name again!"(with a silly but serious attatude).  I haven't laughed so hard when that nurse came back in.  Only this time the nurse wasn't smiling, she was red as a ripe tomato and an embarrassing look on her face.  That is one of the last memories of my grandfather!  Instead of being sad about death, I believe that one can turn death into positive energy.  I believe that my grandfathers death has made me stronger as a person for the simple fact that it has made me closer my family that I was not so close to, and also as a person.  I know that death happens.  Rest in paradise Henry "Hank" Hefti!

Stay tuned!

1 comment: